Monday, December 30, 2013

TTFN, Etsy!

(or - for those of you who don't watch Winnie-the-Pooh daily - Ta-Ta For Now!)

It is time for a change. I am stressed. I have three small, busy children, and managing an Etsy shop on top of that means nothing gets my full attention (half-assed, as Mr. Darcy says).

Etsy is huge. And there are a LOT of people selling yarn. Managing a successful shop isn't a part-time job anymore - it takes serious time investment to make a profit. Photography, listing, shipping, managing inventory... Time I'm not willing to split with my family. And, to be honest, Etsy is far from being the most successful part of my business. (honesty is hard sometimes - it's also hard to admit when Mr. Darcy is right)

If you've visited my Etsy shop lately, you've noticed the empty page. I thought it would be hard and I would feel like I'm missing something. I don't.

I'm not ready to close it for good, and I'm still taking custom orders. But, I am finding far more fulfillment in selling and teaching at my LYSs and spending more time with my family. After all, how could I stand missing fancy dress-up time?



Or, hockey?


Or, just some time to myself?

2 comments:

thebutterflyswing said...

Good for you! I always find it refreshing when young mothers decide that time with their young families is the most important thing in their lives.

Alyssa said...

Priorities! And, as a small business owner, you have to do what makes you the most money for the time you put in. I'll be sorry to see the shop go but as long as you're doing ok I won't cry over it :)